Thursday 5 September 2013

Couple Of the Month


Mr and Mrs Egwor



 HOW WE MET
Around twenty years ago I was living in Jos,plateau state and going through hard times in life . I could not find satisfying work and I found this especially difficult as I had a lot of experience and a Masters degree.To my shame I was working at a school just to make ends meet and living with friends. I had lost my apartment. I had been through five interviews with a company and one day between job runs,  my office called to say I was fired.

 Later that afternoon, while doing my driving through a quiet friendly neighbourhood I had an inner wave – like a primal scream – arise from deep inside me and I thought “Why has my life become so hard?” “Give me a sign, I asked… a physical sign – not some inner voice type of thing.” Immediately after this internal scream I pulled the my car over to drop off a friends little sister and as she got out of my car she handed me an earring saying I should keep it in case somebody claimed it. The earring was stamped metal, painted black and
said ‘BE HAPPY’. At first I got angry – yeah, yeah, I thought. Then it hit me. I had been putting all of my energies into what was wrong with my life rather than what was right! I decided then and there to make a list of 50 things I was grateful for. 

At first it was hard, then it got easier. One day I decided to up it to 75. That night there was a phone call for me at my friend’s house from a lady who was a manager at a large hospital. About a year earlier I had submitted a syllabus to a community college to teach a course on stress management for 200 hospital workers. I couldn’t believe it. I said yes and got the job. My day with the hospital workers went very well. I got a standing ovation and many more days of work. To this day I KNOW that it was because I changed my attitude to gratitude.

 Incidentally, the day after I found the earring the girl asked me if anyone had claimed it. I told her no and she said “I guess it was meant for you then.”I spent the next year conducting training workshops all around the jos area and then decided to risk everything and go back to uyo,Akwa-ibom where I had lived previously during my university days..I closed my one man business, bought a plane ticket and got a six month leave.34 months later I met my wonderful pretty wife and best friend of just 5 months now. We live in a small beautiful house, two meters from a paved road in the highlands of kaduna. ‘THE ONLY ATTITUDE IS GRATITUDE’ has been my motto for years now and yes, it completely changed my life.

 .... more pictures of the lovely couple

Lovely couple




Mrs Mercedes Egwor

Sir Henry


 

7 comments:

  1. How does this bla bla story co-relate with how you both met. Moreso, this Henry guy, there's something fishy about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wanna curse anyone, dont come under the guise of anonymous. there is something fishy about you because u are anonymous. mtcheeeew

      Delete
    2. Sorry Vivian, we need to know how he met this pretty lovely lady and not how he lost his job. Vivian, sure you can do better. No beefing.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, this story sounds so fake and self gratifying. Where is the lovely lady's part of the love story? I will overlook this because its a new blog. But please you can do better than this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, i'd put the complete story. How he met her nd how nd why she accepted his proposal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, i'd put the complete story. How he met her nd how nd why she accepted his proposal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buahahahahaa.... abi nor b Henry? Pls stop publishing untruths.. nd how is the 'fake story of his life' related to how they met.. you should have tagged it 'survivor' of the month, not couple of the month... if u like, no publish my comment... lol

    ReplyDelete

Spam Comments would not be approved