Tuesday 26 November 2013

DONT GIVE UP

"One day I
decided to quit. I quit my job, my
relationship, my spirituality. I wanted to
quit my life. I went to the woods to have
one last talk with God.“God”, I said. “Can
you give me one good reason not to
quit?”His answer surprised me.“Look
around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and
the bamboo?”“Yes”, I replied.“When I
planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I
took very good care of them. I gave them
light. I gave them water. The fern quickly
grew from the earth. Its brilliant green
covered the floor. Yet nothing came from
the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on
the
bamboo.“In the second year the fern
grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again,
nothing came from the bamboo seed. But
I did not quit on the bamboo.“In year
three there was still nothing from the
bamboo seed. But I would not quit. The
same in year four.“Then in the fifth year, a
tiny sprout emerged from the
earth.Compared to the fern, it was
seemingly small and insignificant.But just
six months later, the bamboo rose to over
100 feet tall.It had spent the five years
growing roots. Those roots made it strong
and gave it what it needed to survive. I
would not give any of my creations a
challenge it could not handle.“Did you
know, my child, that all this time you have
been struggling, you have actually been
growing roots? I would not quit on the
bamboo. I will never quit on you.“Don’t
compare yourself to others.” He said. “The
bamboo had a different purpose than the
fern. Yet they both make the forest
beautiful.“Your time will come”, God said
to me. “You will rise high.”“How high
should I rise?” I asked.“How high will the
bamboo rise?” He asked in return.“As high
as it can?” I questioned.“Yes.” He said,
“Give me glory by rising as high as you
can.”I left the forest, realizing that God
will never give up on me. And He will
never give up on you.Never regret a day in
your life.Good days give you happiness;
bad days give you experiences; both are
essential to life'

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is a fantastic, inspiring story. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless d writer...dis is a huge encouragement for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realize that God will never give up on me. And He will never give up on you.Never regret a day in your life.Good days give you happiness; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life'

    ReplyDelete

Spam Comments would not be approved