Thursday 28 November 2013

STOLEN INNOCENCE - STILL SHATTERED

I rushed back home that fateful tuesday
morning as I forgot a file at home. The
traffic was bad as I found my way back
home. I decided to park my car outside to
make things easier and faster for me as I
was just going to pick the forgotten file and
head back to the office. Little did I know
that parking my car outside was my saving
grace, if I had honked for the gate to be
opened for me to park, I may have never
found out, it may have continued
unnoticed for a long time.

I guess the rattling of my keys while
opening the door alerted him. I saw my
little girl, my sweet beautiful little girl of
four rounding the corner of his room,
rumpled and disheveled, guilt and
confusion written all over her face.
Where is Adams I asked and she pointed
to the direction of his room, the room of
my house boy
I rushed into his room and found him
arranging an already arranged room. I
looked at him, then to my girl, him again
and to my girl. At that instance, I placed
one and one together and I collapsed on
the floor as it dawned on me, tears pouring
down my face. I was so shattered, I
couldn't believe my houseboy has been

molesting my baby. I raised her uniform
and my fears were confirmed.

I know I am at fault, I am a career woman
who leaves for work early in the morning
leaving my houseboy to take my baby to
school, by time I get back, she is already
asleep. My husband is out of the country
working leaving just I, my baby and my
houseboy in Nigeria.

I discovered she was molested every
morning whenever I rush to work in the
early hours of the morning. My forgotten
file made me rush home and my car being
parked outside gave me the opportunity to
catch him in the act, he would have
effectively cleaned up the mess had I
honked to park inside.

Meanwhile, I have sent my houseboy back
to where he came from and started re-
habilitation with my daughter.
Hoping to rebuild that trust and innocence
stolen from her.

Sent in as Anonymous.

7 comments:

  1. Useless mother, house boy for a baby girl? Smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the reason I have decided to be self employed. I won't give room for anyone to mess with my children, especially my girl child.

    @ Vivian, nice work. You are doing really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one. Children are not accessories or pets that can be left completely to the househelp. They need attention, quality time and protection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karo, thanks. Career women need to sit up and pay attention to their children. Parents should also have a listening ear, when your kids tells you anything, it shouldnt be discarded easily, listen to him or her and apply wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm! What's wrong if you make the baby go to bed at 7pm and wake her up at 6am after your shower, so you quickly bath her and drop her off at school... who leaves her innocent daughter with an uncle? not to talk of an house boy? Huh... plsss we ladies need to.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. At last correct decision

    ReplyDelete

Spam Comments would not be approved