Monday 25 November 2013

I MARRIED A LION.

Submitted by oladimeji josiah on Fri,
04/19/2013 - 16:34

Most often than not, the trouble most
people find themselves in are brought on
them by their own handwork, but when
the problem take over their lives and
swallows them up, others pity them and
cry foul to God, asking why God would
allow such terrible things happen, when in
true sense it's not the fault of the creator
but an outright fault of the creation, be it
male or female.

I live a very busy life, because of the kind
of work i do and my position in the
company i work with, but however busy i
am, my work ends in the office, i never let
my office work spill over to the house,
despite this my hands are always full when
i am at home because of the handful of
activities i have to grapple with
in the
home front. I left the office on this fateful
day, not like fate does not have control on
other days, but this particular day was such
that fate dealt a most heavier blow on me
than it has ever dealt, i was tired, worn out
and blown out (literally though) and i was
looking forward to a most enjoyable and
blissful rest when i get home, it was the
weekend after all and so i did not mind the
annoying traffic on the road nor was i
disturbed by the bumps and potholes that
was all over the road making it look like a
well used battle ground, all that i had in my
head was to get home and have a cool
shower and rest.

I was finally home, after a long arduous
drive that felt like i just drove through the
war ravaged streets of Syria, battling for
unavailable good spots on the road with
crazy commercial bus drivers and other car
owners that were no less crazy makes
driving in Lagos feel like that, I opened the
door with a sigh of relief and visions of
blissful rest in my head, but i was quickly
taken out of my thoughts, right in the
middle of my sitting room, stood a lion, the
lion was ready to pounce, ready to tear me
apart, i stood motionless and powerless in
front of the lion, the lion tore right through
me, tearing me to shreds in a matter of
minutes, it didn't matter to the lion if i
was tired and worn out.

The lion is my wife and don't be
disappointed by this, i bet you were
expecting me to eventually describe how a
real life wild lion attacked me, i must let
you know, an attack from a real wild lion
would be preferable to what i go through
everyday coping with the super ultra
potent nagging of my wife, i get attacked
every other night by my lion of a wife, she
would not let me speak, as far she was
concerned for every time i cam home late,
i must have gone over to another woman's
place and no explanation can get trough to
my wife and if the attacks stayed verbal
maybe it would have been easy to cope
with, but it often times turn
confrontational, with my wife, pulling my
shirts and dragging me by tie all in the
name of she wanting to pick up a fight with
me and her desire is that i hit her so she
can prove that another woman as captured
my heart, but a gentle man to the core
that i am, however hard she rattled me
and confronted me i never hit her, as much
as she might have deserved it like some
men would say, raised up in a home that
was not perfect but was devoid of me ever
seeing my father raise his hand against my
mother, if only my wife was like my
mother
I have chosen not to divorce my wife, but i
come home everyday with the expectation
that i might not meet her and everyday i
meet her, i am encouraged that a change
can still take place in the life of my wife, as
much as i may not feel happy describing
my wife as a lion, i just had to say it as it is,
if you are single, whether you are male or
female, it's best you shine your eyes and
be very sure you know the person you
want to get married to and be sure you can
cope with the person's attitude, don't ever
assume you know them, be very sure,
because there are lots of deceivers out
there and would do anything to get
married even if it means pretending.
Be wise and may God help you in your
search for that ideal life partner, be kind
enough to share and forward to your
friends

2 comments:

Spam Comments would not be approved