Monday 17 August 2015

Bloggers Diary

#PastorsSeries

i started this series on facebook some months back about my encounter with a pastor and the response i got was very overwhelming. People shared their stories with me and i was shocked at the level of rotin the house of God'.

We live in a society that is very judgemental. It is not easy being a woman either too as people are ready to throw the victim jibe at you. The victim always get victimised and as such we are all sworn to a code of silence. So we keep quiet and the abuser gets emboldened to do more which gets the cycle repeated.

Stories shared on the Bloggers Diary are real life occurences

Episode 1


Oh baby!!! You get mind oooooooo.. See the kind skirt u dey wear go church.. My neighbor hailed me
Oge u don start abi.. Shey this skirt short for your eyes..
Chai!!! See yellow laps oooo. Any skirt wey pass your knee na short skirt and you come fair join
Ehn!! Leave am like that..
Sha pray for me oooo
I don hear you... You no go church today as u don do all night
yesterday.yeye geh
Laughter...

One hour later:
If you have given your life to Christ before and have backslid.. This is the time to rededicate your life to Christ, the pastor called out again.. The choir serenaded the song "I surrender all" coupled with the blend of different chords from the instrumentalist. The atmosphere was double charged with the anointing.. I looked towards the alter and some people had already heeded the alter call.. The pastor announced again that he was doing the alter call for the last time .. I was stirred in the spirit and I knew this moment shouldn't pass me by..I thought about how bad I have backslidden since I gave my life to Christ and decided den that I would heed the call.
First step, then the second and I marched my way to the alter. I was the last person. After the prayers and short counselling, we were admonished, given a card to fill before setting us free to join the rest of the congregation.

Five Hours Later...
Walking down to my friends place to proofread my assignment and print for submission Monday morning..still donned in my Sunday attire
Honk! Honk!! Hey young lady.. He called
I turned around to a man sitting in a car and signalling for my attention..
"Good evening sir"
"How you feeling now? You must be lighter and free"
Confused face
"I see you havent changed your attire"
"Don't you recall my face, I was the pastor who prayed for you today at the alter call"
"Oh!... Okay, I feel good now"
"Do you stay around here"
"Yea, two streets away"
"That's wonderful, can I have your number"
"Sure Pastor"

24 hours later..
"Taranran taranran ta... My Nokia phone rang
Checks Caller.
Pastor Paul
Picks call
"Good afternoon sir"
" Hello Vivien, how you doing"
"I'm fine sir"
"How was lectures today"
"Great Sir"
"Are you back from school"
"Yes sir"
"Can you come to the church office, I have something for you"
"Okay pastor"
Thirty Minutes later..
"Ah, Vivien.. You are here.. Have your sit...
..Small small talks...
...Brings out a book...
"Have this book Vivien..
"Thank you Sir.. Looks at title..(Secrets to Overcoming Sexual temptation).. Why is he giving me this I thought
"Let me address the book as a gift to you... He then scribbled.. From Pastor Paul to Vivien Obidike with Love..
Dated: ........
Make sure you read it
"I will sir"

Small talks...here and there.. Took my leave 5 minute later.

Episode 2... coming shortly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam Comments would not be approved