Monday 17 August 2015

Life in a Mug

LIFE IN A MUG

Sometimes last month as about 11pm, after rounding up my days work, I decided to make myself a hot cup of lemon tea before crashing. I boiled some water, poured into the mug and headed to my room to prepare the lemon tea. I had barely opened the door when the whole content of the mug emptied on my hands. I wanted to scream in pains, but I shocked myself by gently placed the mug on the floor and dashing to the kitchen to run my hands over the faucet.

I learnt a lot from this experience.

1. Life do not happen
the way we always want it. That was not the first time I was taking a mug filled with hot water in my room, but on that day the unexpected happened. Life sometimes do not not give us warning signs when its twist and turns comes  knocking. 

2. We have to deal with the unexpected . I wanted to scream the house down when that happened, but I surprised myself by handing the situation calmly and doing what I could at that moment.  How we react to challenges and situations really matters. Do we think over it and find possible means to resolve them or do we complain and whine about it? The truth is no matter how we complain about our situating and challenges, if we do not take a step to remedy it, a step to see how we can resolve it no matter how bleak the solution might be.

3. Our decisions could either compound or manage the situation. I had the option of dropping the mug which would have shattered into bit and creating another situation for me to deal with. 

4. After nursing my pains, I went back into the kitchen and started all over again. The situation didn't deter me from my goal.. Which is making a cup of lemon tea. With my scalded hands, I managed to put the kettle to boil and made another cup of lemon tea.

......
No matter the obstacles that might spring up in whatever life pursuits, giving up shouldn't be an option. You might have put strategic plans in place and expect it to go as planned but with life, the unexpected always happen. With life, we should always have a plan . Its gonna hurt as much as it did to me, but your reaction and disposition at that time is really what counts. Will you make the most out of it, would you complain and blame external forces, or would you pick yourself up and try again?

The choice is yours.

GOOD MORNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam Comments would not be approved